Published on April 9th, 2017 | by Artan0
10 Tips for Running A Successful T-shirt Business
The potential for success in the t-shirt selling business is absolutely huge! Here are ten top tips to remember when getting started on your own tshirt business.
1. Choose a niche that you are interested in and feel passion for. This will help you understand your audience better, and you’ll be much more effective at ad targeting with an audience you’re actually a part of.
2. Try not to get discouraged. You may go through dozens of designs that only sell a few each before you hit upon one that goes viral. Take lessons from those campaigns that don’t work out, and find ways to grow the campaigns that are moderately successful.
3. Try to create design concepts that can easily be used for multiple different niches. Can your t-shirt with a knitting design be used for crochet, needlepoint and cross-stitching too? Great! That awesome nurses shirt you designed can also be tweaked to work for other professions…go for it!
4. Be ready to spend money on ads that don’t perform well. This is all part of the learning process, so consider it an investment in learning how to do the ads correctly. Once you know what works, you’ll be glad you made the investment!
5. Purchase a pocket notebook to write down the design ideas that come to you during the day. Maybe you’re shopping and you see a cool t-shirt in a store that you want to emulate, or an idea hits you for a shirt when you see someone who is really passionate about something. Let those ideas flow, and get them down in writing so that you always have a ready list of new concepts to try.
6. Invest time in getting to know the t-shirt selling community. These types of community groups are so valuable in getting your questions answered from the veteran sellers that hang out there.
7. Know that you won’t get rich overnight. Take the time to really learn the business model, and hone in on the great niches.
8. Stop ad campaigns when they’re not performing well. Let them run for two or three days, and if you’re not seeing sales, it’s either the ad or the design. Figure it out and try again, but if it still doesn’t work, let that design go.
9. Don’t compare yourself to those you see bragging about their own success online. Do your own thing and do it well, and the money will come.
10. Don’t be afraid to try out new niches, once you’ve started building an income. This is the only way you’ll learn which niches are hot and which are not.