The recent addition of Facebook ads has given business owners another CPC option for their advertising. The difference is this a much more affordable option than say Google ads. Nows a good time to walk you through the 10 steps to setup your Facebook ad campaign.
1. Create Your Ad After you log into your Facebook account, look at the top right of your browser and youll see the Create an Ad green button. Click it and youre ready to start.
2. Choose What to Advertise You have many options. You can promote applications, URLs, domains, place, events. Etc. For example, maybe you want to drive traffic to your landing page or maybe you want to get more likes for your Facebook page.
3. Set Your Ad Up You will need to write a short copy and then confirm the URL. Your ad preview sill display (right side) so you can see what your ad will look like live. Some types of ads dont require ad copy.
4. Target Your Geographic Area Choose the geographic region you want your ad to run in. Pay attention the box that says within 10, 25, 50 miles of your region. Choose the appropriate one for your target market.
5. Target by Age & Gender Choose the age and gender you want to see your ad. Make sure to uncheck the box on the right, otherwise Facebook takes the liberty of showing your ad to a similar target market but not what you defined.
6. Target the Precise Interests of Your Ad Target users based on their ethical background, interests, status, hobbies, etc. Define the exact interests. If the specific interest you want to target in your ad is not shown within the broad target, you can type in the keyword thats most relevant and Facebook will show you the closest options. Or you can use broad categories. Its amazing just how much control you have.
7. Target Your Ad Bsed on Connection While you are able to target by age, geography, interests, etc. Facebook also offers ad targeting that is based on your connections. For example, you can target people that are connected to your business page/specific app. You can even target their friends.
8. Setup Your Pricing and Objective This is a little trickier. If you arent careful when you set this up, instead of charging you on the CPC (Cost Per Click) Facebook will charge your campaign on CPM pricing, which is the cost per 1000 times your ad displays. If you like CPM and thats what you want thats great, but too many people are surprised to discover their budget has disappeared and they have only a handful of clicks, because they didnt understand what they chose.
9. Review Your Ad Before you take your ad live, check everything over and make sure its exactly what you want.
10. Launch Your Ad You did it. Your Facebook ad is ready to launch. Click the blue button Place Order, and your ad will go live. Now you need to keep watching your Facebook ad so that your budget is being used well and remember you can tweak along the way.